Joining the Komen Atlanta Race for the Cure® as a team greatly enhances the fun for participants!
Any corporation, hospital, organization, church, co-op, school, friends, family, neighborhood or group can be a team. A team is a minimum of 10 people, and may consist of runners, walkers or spectators in any combination. Men and women can participate in both events - 5K run/walk and the 1-mile walk. There is no limit to the number of members you can have on your team.
Preparing for race day as a team only adds to the Race experience. Here are a few ideas, and we hope you will also be inspired to create your own team activities:
- Large companies may organize inter-department competition for largest team or most donations pledged
- Write an article for your company, neighborhood or church newsletter to recruit team members, raise pledges and increase awareness about the Race
- Encourage team members to raise pledge money and be creative with the fundraising
- Take advantage of Corporate Matching gift programs. Many of your donors may work for compnaies that have a program like this; their donation could be doubled simply by filling out a form from their HR department
- Design team apparel to be worn on Race day, including t-shirts and hats. (The Atlanta Affiliate has partnered with Big Frog Custom T-Shirts in Buckhead for Team t-shirts. 15% of each Race for the Cure t-shirt order will be donated to the Atlanta Affiliate. Please contact Big Frog 404-252-4223 with inquiries.)
- Make posters or banners to carry in the Race - feature your team name or celebrated breast cancer survivor that you know personally
- Ask your company if you can have a casual Friday on May 10th (before the Race) if you meet your Team fundraising goal
- Put a change jar at your school, neighborhood clubhouse or front desk to collect spare change that adds up towards your Team goal
- Use your own enthusiasm to promote the race
Click Here for the 2013 Team Captain's Kit
For any questions regarding teams, please e-mail Cathi, Teams Co-Chair, at Cathilaine1@gmail.com or call 404-459-8700.